Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Cut

I have now been initiated into the "my child just cut their own hair" club. No, I was not mad. It is a right of passage that is bound to happen to every mother of a daughter. Yes, I cried. We have been trying to grow Jetta's hair for 2 1/2 years now and it was looking so cute. When I saw the damage I kindly took the scissors out of her hand and reminded her we only cut paper but she looked so great that we needed to take a picture. What would getting mad accomplish? I quickly turned around and left the room to have a good cry and laugh and then grabbed the camera to capture these for your viewing pleasure. I did my best to fix the damage but it will take a few more months to get it looking decent. Oh well, I love you Jetta. You always keep my life spicy.







11 comments:

Lucky Larson's said...

I am impressed with how well she framed our face with that cut--my daughter took a chuck out at the TOP of her head--She looks super cute with her new cut!!

Lucky Larson's said...

oops-framed HER face

Cami and Judd said...

You did a way good job fixing it, its way cute.

Richards Family said...

you know what they say about a hair cut - it makes the hair so much more healthy! Welcome to the "Hack your hair club" i've been in it 5 times for each one of my kids. love you, melissa, it will grow again.

Uffens Family said...

She looks pretty pleased with herself :) Good thing her little face is to die for :) The fix up job is super cute!

Jean said...

You did a good fix job, it looks way cute...and on the bright side it will be getting thicker ;)

L.J. said...

lol...it really is darling after the clean up.

Guzman Family said...

She knows how cute it looks short. :)

Nikki said...

That's too bad! But on the upside the new 'do looks really cute and stylin'.

DA pages said...

I think I will hide all the scissors in my house when I have kids! If they take after me when I was young they will have to have short hair for a while! You did a great job fixing it though!

ty and megs said...

melissa! mckinlay JUST did the same thig while i was in the shower. took giant chunks out of the side of her hair. it's bad. i had to look at this to remind myself how cute jetta looks with short hair.

i guess i'm now a part of the club too.