Friday, April 18, 2008

Homemade butter Mmmmmm!!

I am no Martha or Betty but I did just make butter!!!  Found the recipe online and thought I would try.  It is fantastic and so easy.  

2 cups heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt (optional)

Put heavy cream in food processor/mixer and beat until it separates, turning yellow and very clumpy.  Strain extra liquid and then put butter in a bowl and mash with a spoon until all remaining liquid is has been removed.  If desired add salt and mix it in.  This is so delicious and my 3 year old loved watching the process.  So fun!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

It sounds easy enough, but you are much more ambitious than I am. Good for you!

Emily said...

Hmmm...you have such a knack for tasty recipes. I bet your family loves you at dinner time. How are you? What are you up to these days? So, you are a professional photographer? I am way impressed!